Saturday, January 6, 2018

Puerto Rico series still on

It was reported Friday that the Twins "home" series April 17-19 against the Cleveland Indians in San Juan, Puerto Rico, is still on for Hiram Bithorn Stadium.

I am of two minds on this. and fully aware of how little I know of the details. I know the ballpark was damaged by Hurricane Maria, and certainly know that the island as a whole is far from recovered from the storm. I would hate to think that getting the stadium ready for a handful of major league games is drawing resources away from the general public.

I also know that this series is meaningful to several players on the two teams and probably to many on the island.

So I don't know if this is the right call. But it's the call. And it is likely that the weather in San Juan will be warmed than in Minneapolis.

No comments:

Post a Comment