|The move to the|
bullpen agreed with
A few highlights from John Manuel, the BA co-editor who does the Twins list:
- Alex Wimmers' control problems last spring were rooted in a lack of conditioning. Another high draft pick whose conditioning is an issue is Hudson Boyd, who weighed nearly 280 pounds when he arrived at instructionals. He's supposedly back under 250 now.
- Manuel last year thought the Twins should give up on Deolis Guerra. Now he sees Guerra as just shy of Top 10 status and expects Guerra to pitch in the Twins bullpen this year.
- If Guerra's stock is up, Jorge Polanco and Angel Morales are down.
- Manuel defends the Twins on their shortage of power arms. The Twins have drafted power arms, he notes, but they've gotten hurt or haven't developed.
- Manuel is much higher on Joe Benson than on Ben Revere.
- David Bromberg is not in BA's Top 30 Twins prospects.
- Travis Harrison, drafted as a third baseman, is likely to wind up at first base. Manuel thinks Miguel Sano can stick at third.
- Manuel expects shortstop Niko Goodrum to repeat in the Appy League.