Saturday, February 11, 2012

The future of this blog (con't.)

Almost three weeks ago, after my superiors at The Free Press announced plans to offer digital subscriptions (or, put another way, erect a paywall on our newspaper's website), I posted here about the implications for this blog.

To update: The status remains quo.

Oh, the digital subscription thing is under way. But this blog, and the others maintained by my colleagues, remain on Blogger.

When I wrote the previous post, the powers that be had scheduled a webinar to unveil a blog function on our web platform. The day I published that post, the webinar was postponed indefinitely. No reason has been given, but the assumption here is that the blog function isn't ready. If and when it will be is unknown to me.

So the final sentence of the earlier post remains effective: I'll let you know when I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment