Monday, February 28, 2011

News of the days: Morneau, Cuddyer, Liriano and radio ravings

Things going on while I'm writing exclusively about bullpen candidates:


  • Justin Morneau is apparently ready to seek medical clearance to play in games. 
  • Michael Cuddyer's hampered by a wart on his left foot that has so far defied attempts to disappear it. (A bit of back-and-forth about it suggests to me that Ron Gardenhire was told "it was ineffective" and heard "it was infected.")
  • There are games on the radio -- if you can pull in 1500ESPN. Either the Twins Radio Network isn't carrying the broadcasts or KTOE (the Mankato station in that network) is taking a pass. For me, if I'm in the car I can hear the broadcasts, otherwise not. So my exposure to how John Gordon and Dan Gladden are handling the challenge posed by Tsuyoshi Nishioka has been limited. On Sunday, they appeared to be trying to avoid the Tsuyoshi part altogether. The game thread on Twinkie Town during Monday's game listed repeated creative pronunciations. This figures to be a running theme in 2011.
  • There is a buzz linking Francisco Liriano to the Yankees. I have my doubts.

No comments:

Post a Comment