Saturday, February 14, 2015

Back to the future

Harmon Killebrew's best season, as portrayed by
Strat-O-Matic.
My set of 1969 Strat-O-Matic super-advanced cards arrived Friday, and I expect to be rather entranced by baseball past for quite a while.

I make no apologies for being, at least for now, more interested in baseball seasons far removed from today. I'm not impressed with the team the Twins are likely to take north a few weeks from now, and as I started going through the 1969 cards I had a sense of being reunited with some old friends.

There are all kinds of ways to be a baseball fan, and nostalgia is one of them.

Back to the future. There's talk of tightening the current strike zone, a move that, if it happens, will parallel 1969.  I'll expound on that subject if and when something actually happens. I suspect it will, and I'm not opposed.

No comments:

Post a Comment