Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Managerial search news and a World Series prediction

Word Monday was that the field of candidates for the Twins managerial job was narrowing.




If so, the known candidates are down to the three insiders (Gene Glynn, Doug Mientkiewicz and Paul Molitor) and one outsider (Torey Lovullo of the Boston Red Sox).

Other Twitter reports of note:







I'm still rooting for Mientkiewicz to get the job, but these reports hint that Molitor's going to get the job.

----

It's been easy to forget over the course of the long layoff, but the World Series starts tonight.

I expect this series to ultimately boil down to the power arms of the Kansas City bullpen versus the fastball-hitting middle of the San Francisco lineup. How good are the Giants against high velocity?




Yeah, they're that good.

I frequently see a series like this as turning on a strength vs. a weakness. In this case, I see a strength versus a strength. That's harder to call. I'll take the Royals in this  matchup, but I'm not particularly comfortable with that call.

No comments:

Post a Comment