Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Shameless self promotion

I'm fond of claiming that my journalism career had to go to print because I have a face made for radio and a voice made for newspapers.

We're about to test that latter piece of self-deprecation.

On Monday I begin a twice-a-month segment on KMSU's Southern Minnesota Midday show with Jim Gullickson, talking baseball and the Twins at 1 p.m. on the second and fourth Mondays of each month. And the plan is to put the result on the Free Press website, giving those of you out of the reach of 89.7 FM (91.3 out of Austin) a chance to hear my discomfiture. (As critical as I can be of the Twins broadcasters, I am quite certain that I would embarrass myself on a regular basis were I to attempt play-by-play.)

On Tuesday I taped a promo for these segments. We got it in one take, largely because Gully handled most of the talking. I don't think that's going to be the case when we go live Monday.

1 comment: